Sunday, July 24, 2011

Updates and more Star Trek

A few quick updates on the week that was:
1) I was at Comic Con a few days for work.  The show is crazy, but not as crazy as it once was.  I don't know I would say "on the decline" but certainly not what it was even a year or two ago.

2) Saw the new Captain America movie, it was better than I had hoped.  I loved Cap growing up and this was a good (if somewhat flawed) origin story.  Cap busting the Red Skull on the big screen is as great as I hoped it would be. It was just as the image on my favorite Cap sweatshirt I wore as a wee lad.

3) I am editing and compiling a new rules set based on Mike Berkey's Microlite "Where no man has gone before 2.0" rules set.  Has me busy but I think I'll be able to share it in a couple weeks.

Almost forgot-there is a group who creates web based Original Star Trek Episodes that are really damn good.  If you have not seen them, you are in for a treat.

5 comments:

Kaiju said...

That cover is very cool... looking forward to it!

scottsz said...

Just an opinion: That cover artwork is a slam dunk. Really, really nice and gets the 'mystery and exploration' of TOS perfectly.

Fenway5 said...

Thanks very much, I hope the contents match the cover!

christian said...

Wow! The trailers to the Trek site are amazing!

Fenway5 said...

@Christian-the full episodes are free to download and watch! Well worth your time...and patience...to download and watch.