Monday, December 6, 2010

Are you paranoid if you have proof they are watching you?

So I posted the beta manual v1.1 for my COLLAPSE RPG recently. While the RPG is in the motif of a government manual, clearly it is not in any way, shape, or form anything more than just a game.

Strangely enough though, my little blog was snooped by the FBI today.  Specifically by the FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems in Bridgeport, West Virgina.  So to my friends in the FBI a cheery hello, and I hope you enjoy the game! If you ever need some help setting up a game or running one, I guess you know how to get a hold of me!

I have great respect for the men and women who serve our great nation in many capacities in its defense.  Many of my own family have served our country.  Yet, I can't imagine a little nothing blog read by fewer than 50 people about role playing games and being a nerd would illicit any interest from our  Federal Bureau of Investigation.  Strange days...but maybe given what's currently being wargammed by our government it is not as strange as I had thought? Anyway, I need to go make a tinfoil hat real quick, mine will be the one with the Red Sox logo on it!

8 comments:

Narmer said...

If anybody asks, I don't know you...

Fenway5 said...

Man that's tough because my wife said the same thing! HA!

Narmer said...

!!!

Narmer said...

Seriously, though. Maybe some FBI guy is a RPG player and was "doing research" while on the clock. You know, his boss asks, "What are you doing?" He says, "Checking out a possible threat to national security. Yeah, that's what I was doing."

Scott said...

Ask Steve Jackson how far-fetched the investigation scenario is. :(

Fenway5 said...

@Narmer-you could be 100% correct in the "surfing for fun" possibility! I have no proof of anything beyond a specific FBI office snooped my site. The timing is odd though and I don;t really believe in coincidences...where's my tin foil hat...becasue

@Scott...that's exactly the situation that popped into my head immediately: http://www.sjgames.com/SS/

Scott said...

On the bright side, unless things have changed, the FBI office in Clarksburg, WV - Harrison County, the same county as Bridgeport - concentrates on "white collar crime" and fingerprint IDs.

Narmer said...

Let's hope they learned something from the SJG fiasco and will actually know what's going on before they take any actions.