Friday, November 2, 2012

Final Approach

The final polish editing and adjustments are underway for my Melee/Wizard/TFT inspired adventure game Heroes & Other Worlds.

Layout should take place this weekend and then a print test next week!  It feels like an idea of what could have been regarding these rules has long haunted me over the years.  I really wanted to like TFT more and wanted to love GURPS, yet it all became so overly detailed it lost me.  Maybe you felt that way too.

So inspired by Melee & Wizard & the Moldvay Basic Rules Book I have labored months to produce Heroes & Other Worlds.

No Kick Starter, no funding goals, and it's not another OGL game.  It may never garner any more players than those that gather at my own humble table with a handful of d6, but if you feel inclined to spend your time reading and even playing a non d20 fantasy game, I sure hope you find your time well spent playing Heroes & Other Worlds.

I'll let you know when its available, should be (if everything goes right) sometime during the week of 11/12. 

6 comments:

Narmer said...

I'm buckled up and ready for the landing!

Fenway5 said...

Thanks Narmer! Initial layout is complete, now another round of editing is necessary tomorrow. Landing pad is in sight.

Unknown said...

You've got my attention.

Fenway5 said...

Thanks JB, I hope its worthy of it!

Anonymous said...

You could do a lot worse than Melee/Wizard/Moldvay-Basic.

I'm keeping a close eye on your blog this month...!

Fenway5 said...

Thanks jeffro, check out the HOW blog for more details!