Sunday, October 30, 2011

Historical Oddity: Female Classes for D&D

It's 1976 and the World's most popular role playing game has yet to break out.  In this pupa stage of development, many interesting, if odd, ideas were still possible.  One of them being female specific rules for classes. The article from Dragon magazine #3 below is 4 pages and there are many interesting bits from a historical and gaming perspective. I won't pontificate my own thoughts as I think this speaks best on its own.



3 comments:

Domino Writing said...

I seem to remember a "male characters max Charisma 17/female characters max Strength 17" rule from somewhere.

Rachel Ghoul said...

I read this article myself for the first time today and was incredibly offended.

Fenway5 said...

@Rach-the good news is this path was never taken.