Sunday, October 30, 2011

Geomorph + wallet = The Ultimate Pocket Full of Peril!

I needed a new wallet and wound up getting a Dynomighty wallet.  Actually my wife picked it out while I was at work.  At first I scoffed...but...after using it for a week, it really is a kick ass wallet.  Looking more into them, I saw a design that every gamer on the planet should own...and personalize-the Graph Paper wallet!  These can be illustrated with permanent pen (think sharpie) and individualized!  Holy crap a Stonewerks or Dyson Logos hand drawn geomorph wallet would ROCK! Crap I need to do this even though my map skills stink on ice!  Maybe I will copy some of the B2 Caves of Chaos?

Anyway I had a gamer gift exchange idea here: You buy a wallet, you draw a map on it, and you send it to someone else for Christmas.  Hell you could actually make a mini adventure for the map you draw on the wallet! Kind of the ultimate OSR Christmas gift. Then you could scan the wallet (or redraw it, with the adventure) and put it on your blog.  Damn it is Pockets Full of Peril!

The wallets run $15, so with shipping you are probably out $20--but then someone would send you a handmade one back so really-it's a break even proposition.

Anyway it's just another crazy idea from yours truly.  More about the wallets below:

The writable surface can become a convenient note pad for your Frequent Flier, Car Rental and Hotel membership numbers without having to carrying a card around for each.

The Mighty Wallet® is tear-resistant, water-resistant, expandable and recyclable. Made from Tyvek® (think express mail envelopes), these cool wallets resist tearing because of thousands of interlocking plastic fibers spun in random patterns, giving them incredible strength.

The ingenious origami construction was and is the original folded Tyvek® wallet designed by Terrence Kelleman. The stitch less design reinforces the materials own strength and allows these very slim wallets to instantly expand and adapt to your own personal storage needs. The Mighty Wallet® will expand right before your eyes (watch the videos).

Because of the slim, lightweight and water resistant features, you can take these cool wallets anywhere. They make great "night out" wallets for a slender silhouette and the writable surface conveniently acts as a quick note pad on the go.

In time, the Mighty Wallet® will gradually soften and patina but, even after years of wear, it will still offer surprise and solicit intrigue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great, I'd never heard of these wallets before. I googled it, watched the YouTube clips and had a look at their website. I think your wife's choice is a stroke of genius for pocket gaming. I'd use a whiteboard marker on it for maps while playing.

Fenway5 said...

@Austrodavicus- Yes, she is one smart woman as I am reminded daily! :)

I am going to map my wallets and post some pictures when complete.