I don't think the Traveller brand has much power, especially outside the RPG community. So this is for SciFi RPG gamers with phones? Hmmm seems like a pretty small market. Especially as an MMO...on your phone? yes that probably makes me older than dirt, but seriosuly, outside of killing time between flights (or on them) I don't use my phone for gaming much, and certainly not for hours at a time. Anyway enough of the "get off my lawn" talk. Let's talk about Traveller AR.
It appears to be a true Traveller RPG experience: All the classes, all the alien races, and even HexMode exploration which looks like the classic subsector maps.
From the Traveller-AR Site:
Traveller AR comes with some fantastic features which will help make it the iPhone space game of choice, and one of the best iPhone MMO games in the iPhone store.
- Vast empire to explore
- Completely MMO – You will be playing with real people in real time.
- iPhone RPG – Based on the fantastic Traveller RPG story-line, allowing you to explore the universe from anywhere
- Augmented Reality – overlay the real world with the traveller universe.
- Unique Nav Wheel helps you easily navigate the virtual world.
- The traditional hex mode has been used to allow Traveller players to easily pick up the Traveller AR iPhone RPG.
- A wide selection of ships and character classes to choose from.