Sunday, March 8, 2009

Welcome to Gyradis!


As I develop my own RPG it made sense to create a campaign setting in case players or GM's wanted one to place their adventures in. So I finally mapped out my home brew world and will start filling in some details. My goal is to use the Wilderlands style of brief possible points of interest that players could use to generate their own adventures.

I always liked the Judges Guild approach of creating an outline through points of interest and then letting players create and fill out the actual story lines on their own. I don't think I will ever get down to mapping cities, creating every shop in a city nor every NPC in a shop. I have a number of city books, but really never used them beyond their "history and politics" section. Those parts of city books gave me ideas on how the city should be portrayed and what players might find in it. It was a kick-off point for me to create my own. In the end that's what I hope to provide to players.

No comments: