Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hiatus


I've enjoyed blogging for the past couple of years.  I credit the whole OSR thing for reigniting my love of these games from ember to flame once again. Its inspired me to create my own various games and I look forward to seeing how those further develop and expand.

It's no secret I am not a d20 devotee.  I love the creative output and interesting support materials created around the system as they are very inspiring, but I just can't dig the core system for regular play no matter how much I try.  I am not saying its inherently bad or system X is SO MUCH better, I'm just saying it doesn't fit how I like to play.

As the overwhelming majority of blogs and sites are focused on d20 stuff, I just don't have anything really to add or wow you with, if indeed I ever really did.

So adieu for now. I will still be active elsewhere doing my own thing, but for now I don't really have anything to say on this blog except goodbye and thank you.

8 comments:

Anathemata said...

Sorry to see you go. I was a fan of your blog from the start, and hope you find your voice again someday :)

Narmer said...

I too will miss your writings. Your blog has been one of my favorite sites. Thanks for everything.

Jay Exonauts said...

Hope you make it back again some day, I too enjoy the Sword & Shield. Please don't nuke the blog, there's lots of good stuff here! :)

Take care!

Fenway5 said...

Thanks very much, I will still be monkeying around at my other blogs and should inspiration strike I will post here again. Cheers!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Hope to see you back in the future!

Anthony Simeone said...

Hey there. Best of luck, and I hope you return to us soon. Will you be posting on the HOW blog?

Anonymous said...

I do hope this means more Eighty Eight, if only to arrest the scurrilous rumuour-mongering at the club - puts a chap off his billiards, doncha-know ?!

S-

Fenway5 said...

Thanks all so much for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I am still quite active in my other projects, especially Heroes & Other Worlds. A clean up of Far Trek needs to happen, a new edition of Rogue Space will happen...and Eighty-Eight too will steam onto the scene. Ambition is great, but time is not always accommodating. Some other projects and interest need to be put on hold for now. Thank you!